Hoooo doesn’t love halloween?? It was definitely one of Aly’s favorite holidays. She loved that one day out of the year you could be anything you want and eat all the candy you want! Celebrate this halloween with these owl cupcakes!
Chocolate cake mix
1. Bake cupcakes according to box (substitute whole milk for water for a more dense cake).
2. After cupcakes have fully cooled, you may need to use a knife to flatten the tops to make them easier to decorate.
3. Frost cupcakes.
4. Twist oreos and set aside halves with cream. Add brown Reeses pieces to the oreo halves for the owl eyes and then place on top of the cupcakes.
5. Add orange Reeses pieces underneath the eyes to make the owl beaks.
6. Depending on what time your event is, you may want to decorate on site. This will ensure everything stays in place and the oreos will stay crispy. If you decorate beforehand, serve within a few hours.
* 1 out of every 2-3 oreos I twisted were usable for the eyes. Save unsuccessful twists and other halves to make a crust or add to vanilla cake for a cookies and cream flavor.