This recipe is a slight variation of Momofuku’s cornflake marshmallow cookie. After testing it a few times I’ve changed a few things like leaving out salt from the cornflake crunch mixture, hand mixing because using an electric mixer didn’t seem to alter taste or form, and altering the baking time according to my own oven. It’s a lot of work but it’s worth it.
Ingredients for Cornflake Crunch
5 cups of cornflakes
9 tablespoons of melted butter
1/2 cup of instant milk powder
3 tablespoons of sugar
Directions for Cornflake Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Pour melted butter over cornflakes. Then add milk and sugar.
3. Bake for 20 minutes and let it cool.
Ingredients for Cookies
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
16 tablespoons, 2 sticks of softened butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups of cornflake crunch
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
Directions for Cookies
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream together butter with sugar.
3. Then add egg and vanilla and mix together for a few minutes.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix.
5. Fold in cornflakes and chocolate chips, and then add in marshmallows.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make small scoops. This cookie will spread out.
7. Bake for about 8-9 minutes. I found this time to be enough for the middle to still be a little chewy and the edges crunchy.