Thanks to her good friend Angelina, Aly finally made a pie crust she was happy with. It was flaky and buttery; perfect for pies. For the filling she used a recipe from Williams Sonoma’s jar of pecan pumpkin butter. Happy Turkey Day!!
2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks of very cold unsalted butter
1/4 cup ice cold water
1. Throw butter into the freezer for about 10 minutes before you begin to ensure very cold butter.
2. Sift flour with salt.
3. Dice butter into small pieces.
4. Throw flour into a food processor. Add a few pieces of butter at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Roll dough into a disc, wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease your pan with butter.
7. Roll your dough out until it’s a thin disc, dusting the surface and rolling pin generously.
8. Arrange dough into your pan, add filling and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 40-45 minutes. Baking times may vary a little depending on what type of filling you’re using.