Once upon a time, something magical happened. Nutella was created in the 1940s by Mr. Pietro Ferrero, a pastry maker and founder of the Ferrero company. At the time, there was very little chocolate because cocoa was in short supply due to World War II rationing. Mr. Ferrero used hazelnuts to extend the chocolate supply.
Aly loved to use this magical creation to make crepes, milkshakes, and smores. One day she experimented to make nutella cheesecake. Thanks World War II!
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
2 eight ounce packs of cream cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup nutella
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press down into cupcake holders and bake for about 8 minutes. Then take out and cool for 5 minutes.
3. While crusts bake, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
4. Add nutella, vanilla extract, and eggs, and mix.
5. Fill cupcake holders with mixture.
6. Bake at the same temperature for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
* Nutella flavor was not as strong as I had hoped. I topped the cupcakes with whipped cream and hazelnuts but next time I would add ferrero rocher pieces instead.
* For peanut butter lovers you can substitute nutella for 1/2 cup of peanut butter and add 1 cup of Reeses peanut butter cup crumble.