For years Princess Aly stayed away from apples. She hadn’t consumed one let alone touched one ever since she was traumatized by her dear friend Snow White’s “apple incident.” But one year with March 14 (3.14 = pi day!) fast approaching, Aly decided to face her fears and celebrate with Not Snow White’s Pie!
1 Trader Joe’s pie crust
2 apples (NOT poisonous!)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Sprinkle of salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon of flour
1 tablespoon of butter
1. Unwrap crust and thaw at room temperature for about 20-30 min until pliable. Mold half the crust into bottoms of 2 small ramekins and bake according to box.
2. While bottom crust bakes, prepare apple mixture. Cut the apples into small chunks or slices.
3. In a bowl, mix apples with vanilla, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and flour.
4. When the crust is done, divide apple mixture into the 2 ramekins. Cut the tablespoon of butter into small pieces and add to the tops.
5. Cover ramekins with remaining crust, pinching at the edges. Cut slits at the top to allow steam to escape.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes. If edges of the crust are browning too much you can cover with foil.