Princess Aly’s favorite holiday was Christmas. Every year she told her band to play holiday music (All I Want for Christmas was her favorite song) and then she baked special cookies. She named them Salted Wonderland because the sea salt crystals reminded her of snowflakes.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
sea salt grinder
1. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
2. Blend butter with sugar until creamy. Then add the egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
4. When you’re ready to bake, line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes.
5. After removing from the oven, cool for 1-2 minutes, then move to the cooling rack. Grind sea salt on the top of each cookie and let it fully cool since these cookies have a soft, brownie like texture in the middle. If you add the sea salt immediately after removing from the oven, some will melt right into the cookie.